7 revelations made by Virat Kohli on his relationship with Anushka Sharma!


For the very first time, Virat pours his heart out on the bond he shares with girlfriend Anushka and how important she is to him. You do not want to miss this!


It rarely happens that ace batsman Virat Kohli opens up about his relationship with Anushka Sharma. The cricketer however took a different route this time and poured his heart out to a leading news channel, as he spoke about the importance of Anushka in his life and the backlash she faced for his poor performance in the India vs Australia World Cup 2015 semi finals. Here are 7 revelations made by Kohli:


“Anushka Sharma was the major reason why I was able to play the Test series the way I did”


The cricketer spoke at length about how he was able to score four centuries in the Test series against Australia because of Anushka’s presence at the game. Virat went on to state how unfair it was for people to blame her for his poor performance India vs Australia World Cup 2015 semi finals


“Not many people know she(Anushka) is the major reason why I was able to play in that Test series the way I did. Because on the field I was feeling very happy, I was feeling very stable. I was spending quality time with her. That kept me in my zone every time I stepped on to the field. It helped me stay calm as I was not taking unnecessary pressure. It was shocking to know that people can target someone’s personal life like this. She had no relevance to the defeat. She only has a positive effect on me. But people found her guilty. Strange!”


“My relationship with Anushka has only become stronger because of that incident.”


Virat opened up about the impact the backlash against Anushka had, on their relationship.


“My relationship with Anushka has only become stronger because of that incident. We have gone through this together. We have stuck to each other through this. And, you know what… people don’t realise the importance of someone’s relationship.”


“I do accept that sometimes I have crossed the line.”


The cricketer has often made headlines because of his temper and was recently in the news for having abused a journalist. Virat opens up about he lost his cool when Anushka was being blamed and how he admits to having crossed the line at times.


“If someone is saying bad things about my partner, obviously I will get annoyed, I will get angry because that’s a very personal thing to me. You cannot sit quietly when such things are being said about your girlfriend or partner. People talk about my behaviour. I do accept that sometimes I have crossed the line.”


“I asked for permission from the BCCI”


Virat revealed that he had approached the BCCI to seek permission to let Anushka attend all the matches.


“For the Australia tour when wives and partners were given permission to stay with the cricketers, I spoke to Ravi bhai (Shastri), I spoke to the BCCI secretary. I asked for permission from them. I told them Sir, this is what I need, this is what I want. So if that permission is being given, I can peacefully be committed to do what I need to do and not worry… because it’s very difficult for both people, me and her, not to have a clear picture.”


“It was there for people to see what Anushka’s presence can do to me”


The batsman described the moment when he scored a century against Australia and saw Anushka cheering for him in the crowd.


“When she was there clapping for me when I got a hundred, I felt very happy and relieved. It was there for people to see what Anushka’s presence can do to me…. I thought with me performing and she clapping in Australia, we had made a joint statement. I couldn’t imagine people would start blaming her for my failure in the World Cup semis, blame her for the team’s defeat.”


“I am the last person who would compromise on my cricket for anything else”


Virat spoke at length about what cricket means to him and how people should stop thinking that his relationship with Anushka is going to hamper his game.


“People need to understand that. I am the last person who would compromise on my cricket for anything else. I will give my life for Indian cricket. I will give my last percentage of energy and my body to win a game for India. And that is the reason why I play with so much passion. Everyone in the team or management or in the Board knows that. I don’t have to explain this to anyone.”


“She (Anushka) is very friendly with all the members in the team.”


The cricketer stated that Anushka cheers him as well as the rest of the team members


“Let me also tell you, she doesn’t cheer me up only. She is very friendly with all the members in the team. They are all friendly with her. She likes being around the team. We chill out in Kaka’s room (team masseur Ramesh Mane).”


We salute Virat Kohli for standing up for his ladylove through thick and thin. For all haters out there, shame on you!







via

No comments:

Post a Comment