What happened when Imran Khan and Shahid Kapoor met Sachin Tendulkar?


In a country like ours, where Sachin is synonymous to cricket, even B-townies can’t help but be awed by the cricket God


Sachin Tendulkar is currently playing his last Test match and people all over are going crazy so as to not miss his match. Even people from filmdom don’t wanna miss watching the Master Blaster during his last test match. Bollywood celebs too, who are always in the limelight and have a huge fan following are awestruck by Sachin. So, read on to know what were Imran Khan, Shahid Kapoor Sidharth Malhotra and Sushant Singh Rajput’s reaction on meeting the God of cricket.


Imran Khan says, “This one time, he was doing commentary and I was in the box with mamu (Aamir Khan), but what proves his genius is the way he was doing it. He was five seconds in the future, pre-empting the bowler’s delivery, and then the shot the batsman would play. I won’t call myself a great cricket fan, but when you meet Sachin, you feel a little awed.”


Shahid Kapoor says, “I was in an elevator once when Sachin stepped in with a bat and he had headphones on. I stood there frozen. He was in his own space, and I didn’t think he would recognise me. I didn’t know what to say. When he stepped out, his bodyguard whispered to him and he turned around and said, “Hi Shahid, how are you? I didn’t see you in the lift.’ I just said, ‘Hi sir, I’m a really big fan.’”


Sidharth Malhotra says, “Ayan Mukerji, a few assistant directors and I were at a restaurant last year, when we saw Sachin at the next table. One of us knew him, so we all said ‘hi’ when he passed us. Although I wasn’t a known face then, I was touched by his humility when he said, ‘Hi, how are you?’ I realised what being a fan means; and the emotions they go through when they meet their icons.


Sushant Singh Rajput says, “I played cricket with him when I met him this year (for a TV show). Can you imagine having Sachin teach you how to play the cover drive? I had just finished (cricket) training for Kai Po Che, so my technique was okay, but he asked if I play professional cricket. I couldn’t believe it.”


Well, so this how B-townies react to Sachin’s aura. So, what would you do on bumping into the Master Blaster, BollywoodLifers?






via

No comments:

Post a Comment