Ek Veer Ki Ardaas Veera’s Sneha Wagh: I am nothing like my onscreen character


The popular Star Plus show completed two years recently


BollywoodLife got in touch with Sneha Wagh to know about her strong bond with the cast and crew of her show Ek Veer Ki Ardaas Veera produced by Yash Patnaik, how the show changed her career, her future plans and the co-star she gets along with. Read excerpts from the interview…


You have completed two years with the show, how does that make you feel?


It feels like a journey. I am a constant character in the show. It feels great and I am very happy with the way things have moulded.


How has Veera changed your career?


It has defiantly changed my career. The first year, I am a mother of two siblings and in the second year I played the mother of two grown up children; it has definitely made a huge difference in my career. People have started recognising me as a good actor more than anything else. They really respect me as an actor.


What is so special about the character of Ratan?


It’s a very beautiful character, which is very special to me. For the first time I have seen such character like Ratan in this television industry. Ratan is one of the most complicated characters. She is neither too positive nor negative. My character is always on a thin line.


Over the years, how have people responded to your characters?


Fans love me a lot. People love my character and Ratan has become synonymous to me. After being in the industry for so long, people have finally started recognising me.


Three best scenes which you loved doing (from the show).


All of the three are from the initially stage of Veera. The first crucial scene when Ratan learns that Veera is her husband’s child. Second one was when Veera comes to my house after her mother’s death. Lastly, there’s a scene when Ratan doesn’t feed Veera in spite of seeing the baby cry bitterly. When Sampooran orders her to feed the child, she takes a knife and threatens to kill herself. I can never forget those sequences; I really enjoyed it.


Among the huge star cast of the show, who are your favourite co-stars?


I like Bhavesh who played Ranvi as a child and Shivin Narang. Both the Ranvijays are close to my heart; and of course Shagfutaji – she is like a pillar in both my character and in my real life.


What is the best compliment you received for your role in Veera?


A senior family friend once told me that she connected with me earlier as I played Jyoti and now as Ratan as well. I think that was one of the best compliments I have ever received.


What was your parents’ reaction on Veera?


I used to feel embarrassed to watch Veera with my family members as my mother and siblings would often cry while watching the show. I usually avoid watching Veera with them. My mom once complimented saying that I have become very matured.


Were you expecting your character to click so much with the audiences?


I was a little scared as my character was always on a thin line. I am really surprised that people have given me a positive response so far.


How similar or different are you from your reel life character?


I am a completely different person than my character. I am a very bubbly and chubby girl who likes to do masti all the time and off screen I am very naughty. Ratan is a very serious character and am nothing like her. I have learnt stability from my character.






via

No comments:

Post a Comment