Actress Nikunj Malik abused for years by Uncle and Cousin

The television actress Nikunj Malik, who is best knows for her roles in Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayenge and Anil Kapoor’s 24, recently filed a complaint with Faridabad Police saying that her uncle and her cousin have been abusing her and threatening to kill her if she doesn’t quit the entertainment industry.


She told a leading daily, “My uncles and other relatives were against me pursuing a career in Bollywood right from the start (2010), and put a lot pressure on my parents to get me to quit my profession. They threatened my parents with dire consequences if I did not quit. They managed to influence my father, who is also against my career in Bollywood. It is only my mother who has supported me.”


For supporting her, her mother had to face consequences as Nikunj recalls an incident and tells us “My uncle forced himself into our house and assaulted my mother. He told her: ‘We came to your house and told you fours ways you could save yourself. You didn’t listen to us; now you must face the consequences’.” When the harassment continued, Nikunj flew down to Faridabad and filed a case against uncle Mahavir Singh and his son Amit Malik; with the Sector 7 police.


“My mother even has a recording of the threats they gave her on the phone. It is only after hearing them that the police arrested my uncle and his son and filed an FIR.” She added, giving details of the abuse, “They told my parents they would kill them if they did not call me back home. They threatened my mother, who has been my sole supporter. This forced me take action against my relatives. They would come home and threaten my parents, asking my for my address in Mumbai. They said they would travel to Mumbai and bring me back with them.” Nikunj says she is worried for her safety despite the arrests and she said said, “They might seek revenge over the arrests. You can never predict the behaviour of criminals – they are very shrewed people.”


Meanwhile, Inspector Manoj Kumar of Sector 7 police station in Faridabad said, “We have arrested them for threatening the family. The sections applied on them are 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 452 (trespassing with a plan to assault or restrain someone), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 507 (criminal intimidation by an anonymous communication) of the Indian Penal Code.”


The post Actress Nikunj Malik abused for years by Uncle and Cousin appeared first on Bollywood Celebden.






via Bollywood Celebden

No comments:

Post a Comment