Will Poonam Dhillon step into Sridevi’s shoes?


Buzz is that Dhillon will play a role inspired by Sridevi’s character in English Vinglish


A little birdie tells us that after Bigg Boss 3, Poonam Dhillon is all set to return to the small screen. We hear that she will be playing the lead protagonist in a new daily soap. She will be essaying the character of a mother-in-law and her role will be loosely based on Sridevi’s character in English Vinglish . If you remember, Sri was a simple housewife who travels to New York for a family wedding and is transformed into a more confident and secure individual after taking English lessons.


Poonam has confirmed the news. She says, “Yes, I will soon be seen on the small screen. In the last few years, I was restraining myself from doing TV because it requires a lot of time. My kids were still in school then and I wanted to be with them. But now that they’ve grown up, I decided to take up the offer. Initially, I had said no but when I came to know about the positive concept of the show, I accepted the offer.”


Debuting many years ago as one of the youngest lead heroines on the big screen, Poonam is known for her roles in films like Noorie, Sohni Mahiwal, Dard, Nishaan and many more. With an actor like Dhillon showing off her acting skill on the small screen, we bet all other saas-bahus on TV will have a problem with their saans! Take a deep breath, girls!






via

No comments:

Post a Comment