Who are Robert De Niro’s personal heroes?


The Academy Award winning actor says that he looks up to Mahatma Gandhi and Indira Gandhi. Read on


Recently,Robert De Niro, was in Goa, India to attend the ongoing THiNK Fest 2013. The actor might be a legend himself but his real life heroes don’t include many from the filmdom. His personal heroes are Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi and Indira Gandhi. He says, “I have many real life heroes as my inspiration. (Nelson) Mandela, Peres, James Dean, Marlon Brando and from India… Indira Gandhi and Mahatma Gandhi. They are strong people with a big heart.”


Robert De Niro, who has done memorable films like The Godfather Part II, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and many others considers himself lucky. Why? He says, “I try to be more empathetic towards my characters. I try to understand its position by putting myself in their shoes. I feel I am lucky to get into these lives without having to pay a real price.”


Many of us look up to Robert De Niro but the actor, with all humility idolizes humble beings. Be inspired, BollywoodLifers!






via

No comments:

Post a Comment