Tigmanshu Dhulia: My films exist in real space

The trailers of the upcoming movie Bullett Raja give the impression that the movie is of the Rowdy Rathore+Dabangg nature but ask the director Tigmanshu Dhulia about it and the reply is “The films that mentioned have a very South Indian kind of incredible stunts. I don’t like them. My cinema always exists in a real space. In Bullett Raja, the fights may look designed in the Rowdy Rathod space but nothing in my film is unreal, or outlandish. My hero Saif Ali Khan does fight but it isn’t done as a gratuitous Rajinikanth-meets-Salman kind homage to the super-hero who can pound 25 goons into the dust with one mukka.”


“Saif may look like he’s shooting bullets fashionably and flamboyantly, but he is a fierce ideologue in Bullett Raja. My film brings back the idealistic hero that Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan played in the 1970s. Then certain political debacles such as the job-reservation issue and the demolition of the Babri Masjid polluted the essential heroism of our national heroes. Now we’ve come to a stage in our politics where corruption is so rampant that we’re cynical about idealism. Saif is an unapologetic idealistic in Bullett Raja.”


“The maahaul, the environment is organic to the plot. There is a lot of physical and emotional detailing in the direction. I don’t like films about senseless violence. At the same time I enjoy films about full-on hero-giri, dosti, sacrifice, qurbani, desh-bhakti, etc. Bullett Raja has all of that. My hero Saif Ali Khan and his friendship with Jimmy Shergil are inspired by Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan in Sholay. I am very excited because I’ve never attempted this kind of cinema before,” adds Dhulia.


Adding that Bullett Raja is not just a fun movie, the director adds, “Bullett Raja is not just about having a good time. There are many issues that the film tackles. The exploitation of youth power for politics is a prevalent theme in my cinema. In Bullett Raja too it is an important plot motivation.”


The movie starring Saif Ali Khan and Sonakshi Sinha, releases on November 29th.


The post Tigmanshu Dhulia: My films exist in real space appeared first on Bollywood Celebden.






via Bollywood Celebden

No comments:

Post a Comment