Punit Malhotra: Imran Khan initially rejected GTPM

Punit Malhotra, the director of the upcoming Imran Khan and Kareena Kapoor starrer, Gori Tere Pyaar Mein; says Imran Khan had initially rejected the offer as the movie was a two-male-lead story. He wanted to rope in Imran and Saif Ali Khan for the lead roles and both of them rejected the film.


“Imran (Khan) made me wait a lot. I took three drafts to him, he had issues with first and second draft. When I went for the third time, he approved the first draft only. That led to the delay but I have no complaints,” Punit told PTI.


“We were first waiting for Imran’s approval and after that happened, we started thinking about the female lead opposite him. Imran asked me who I wanted, I said Kareena but I felt she was beyond my reach,” the director said.


“Also she had lot of projects in hand at that time. Then it so happened that she walked out of those projects and her dates opened up. I called her, narrated the script and it worked out well,” said Punit, who is teaming up with Imran Khan for the second time after I Hate Luv Storys.


But this doesn’t mean the two are not on good terms. As Imran says, I’m playing a Casanova in the movie and Punit is my source of inspiration. He used to come shirtless, get a massage done on the sets, joked around with the crew and lots more.”


The movie, which releases on November 22nd, also stars Shraddha Kapoor in a pivotal role.


Meanwhile, Punit, who is very impressed by Shraddha, says he had only Shraddha in mind when the character was being written. “Though it would take her three hours to get ready (she had to wear a heavy costume and a lot of jewelry), Shraddha was chilled out and performed well. She is very spontaneous,” says Punit.


The post Punit Malhotra: Imran Khan initially rejected GTPM appeared first on Bollywood Celebden.






via Bollywood Celebden

No comments:

Post a Comment