Priyanka Chopra: “Her(Mary Kom) story is same as that of mine!”

Bollywood star and international pop icon Priyanka Chopra will be playing the role of – five time world boxing champion Mary Kom – in an upcoming biopic, says that she shares a slice of life with the boxing sports woman!


“Her story is same as that of mine. I too struggled when I came in the industry and cried alone. It is basically the story of every girl, who has a dream,” Chopra said on Sunday, November 10 at a ThinkFest event.


The upcoming biopic is based on the life of Mary, who was born to a landless farmer in the town of Manipur and how she climbed the ladder of success and became a significant figure in the world of boxing. “What fascinates me about her is that I wanted to tell the story of real Mary,” Priyanka said.


Priyanka Chopra also mentioned the fact that in the medium if Indian cinema, till date, there has been no movie based on the life of a sportswoman. Although Mary is a boxer, she is a typical girl who wears nail paint beneath her boxing gloves, Chopra said. “She loves singing, watching movies and everything that a girl likes,” the actress added.


Mary Kom was also present at the event and threw light on how North East girls are treated as Nepalis and non-Indians in other parts of the country including Delhi. She said the situation in Manipur was dreading. “I am scared to move around without security. My department (police) has given me security. Otherwise it is not only me but even my family won’t be safe,” Mary Kom explained.


The post Priyanka Chopra: “Her(Mary Kom) story is same as that of mine!” appeared first on Bollywood Celebden.






via Bollywood Celebden

No comments:

Post a Comment