Imran Khan: I should work with guys of my age

Imran Khan, whose debut movie Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na was a major success, says whenever he worked with newcomer directors, his movies were successful. Incidentally, Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na was also the directorial debut of the helmer Abbas Tyrewala.


“The funny thing in my life is that my only success is with the first time director. Anytime I have gone away from the first time directors, things have not worked for me,” says Imran.


“Logically, if I think about Kidnap, the director (Sanjay Gadhvi) had given a blockbuster like Dhoom, but it didn’t work for me. My understanding is that I should work with guys of my age,” added the 30-year-old actor who will be next seen in Karan Johar’s production Gori Tere Pyaar Mein.


“Obviously it’s very disappointing because so many people had worked so hard on it and you want people to like it. But you have to understand that if you are in this business, this is a reality that more than hits you will have flops. It’s part of your business. If you cannot take it, get out of it because you are in a wrong place,” says the actor whose movies with experienced directors like Milan Lutharia and Vishal Bharadwaj (Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobara and Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola respectively), bombed at the box office.


His 2010 movie I Hate Luv Storys was directed by the debutante director Punit Malhotra, who is also directing his next film Gori Tere Pyaar Mein.


Interestingly, Imran Khan had initially walked out of GTPM because the original script had two lead actors. When asked about it, Punit says “Trust me, that was the time when I really wanted to kill myself. Just imagine, I first take the script to Imran as a two hero set up, then I rework on it to make it a one hero subject and he still doesn’t want to come on board! He never told me if he was apprehensive about the two heroes setting so my other guess is that he was worried about getting into this rural zone. He only knows.”


“Punit was unsure though whether Imran’s reluctance was due to sharing screen space with another actor or stepping into the rural zone that Gori Tere Pyaar Mein was set in. Imran just plain and simple told him that the script was not working for him and Punit was forced to start exploring other options,” adds a source.


Starring Kareena Kapoor, Gori Tere Pyaar Mein releases on 22nd November.


The post Imran Khan: I should work with guys of my age appeared first on Bollywood Celebden.






via Bollywood Celebden

No comments:

Post a Comment