Ekta Kapoor makes scripts and not roles

There are meetings with the media and then there are special meetings with the media where talented directors speak up. This was one such meeting with Ekta Kapoor, the Queen of soaps and indeed it was a rather memorable press meet.


Ekta Kapoor, the TV Czarina decided to bless the media with her gracious presence and also took it upon herself to shed some light on the type of the person she is and on the type of things that she does.


This time, the meet was about her number one costume drama, Jodha Akbar and the twists and turns that the serial was going to take a create a tiny bit of havoc in the life of audience. She never once disappointed us with Jodha Akbar And mind you, right from the beginning she kept surprising us. From the conception of brilliant characters, to the development of historical story, the the grand sets, to the expensive costumes.


Now, we were mighty curious and there was this question that was asked to her. She was asked if she would like to cast Bollywood big shots like Amitabh Bachchan or Anil Kapoor in any of her shows, and very gracefully she replied by saying, “I don’t make shows for actors. I cast actors according to the story. I have had the opportunity to work with the actors you are talking about. I have worked with Anil sir in a film and I know Amitabh ji since my childhood. I will be the first one to watch his show once it launches. But abhi tak aisa story nahi aya that I can cast big actors (read Amitabh Bachchan and Anil Kapoor) in it.” She further added, “My focus is to conceive scripts and not cast actors.”


That was some insightful press meet I’d say!


The post Ekta Kapoor makes scripts and not roles appeared first on Bollywood Celebden.






via Bollywood Celebden

No comments:

Post a Comment